Wi-Fi-Calling (VoWifi) is an operator-provided service that makes it possible for consumers to make regular phone calls and text messages from their SIM-based mobile phone number, even if they have poor cellular coverage, by utilizing a Wi-Fi network.
Wi-Fi-Calling Standardization support Seamless handover for VoLTE calls between LTE and Wi-Fi and vice versa. The conversational video is also possible via Wi-Fi “VoLTE”.
- Wi-Fi-Calling offers the consumers seamless experience, they are reachable on their normal numbers and can place calls using their native dialer and phone book.
- Wi-Fi-Calling utilizes IMS core to provide a packet voice service over Wi-Fi coverage.
Conduit Solutions Wi-Fi Calling
Conduit Solutions Wifi Calling work for all Android devices, accelerating the service uptake.
Conduit Solutions Wifi Calling Client provides a seamless Voice & SMS user experience over Wifi networks.
Unlike over the top (OTT), the client maintains 3G networks Supplementary, enhanced & regulatory services, with single number
How Does it works:
- An integrated client detects proper Wi-Fi signals, and route all Telephony service over Wi-Fi/IMS network.
- Using subscriber credentials for secure registration & Authentication.
- Uses native phone dialer, phonebook & messaging.
- Work over any Wi-Fi AP (untrusted + trusted).
- Support SIM/Non-SIM devices.
- Complementary to VoLTE, Supports SRVCC.
Solution Highlights – Customized UI
- Conduit Solutions offers customized In-Call User Interfaces.
- The user will use native dialer & phonebook to place.
- UI covers all call scenarios.
- Status icon in the status bar.
- Client settings allows subscriber to personalize the settings.
- Support Operators (languages, colors, Icons).
Solution Highlights – Subscriber Location
- Conduit Solutions Client follows strong mechanism to send subscriber location in PANI & PCNI headers.
- Client will detect Cell & Network IDs and send them in P-ANI header as defined in 3GPP 24.229 section 7.2A.4.3 .
- If No Coverage the client will apply the below Steps:
- Check Offline mode.
- Check other PLMN
- Check GPS
- Check IP address Location
Solution Highlights – Others
Secure connectivity for Roamers
- Roaming customers are always under threat of call interception and tracking
- When roamers are using Wifi, the authentication is not done using their Mobile Identity
- Conduit Wifi caller uses Secure tunneling between client and home network for calls and SMS.
- Wifi Calling is highly secure for Roamers
- Even for receiving calls, the local network in the roaming country will not know that calls are coming from which country.
Benefits for Consumers
- Globally 70% of consumer are not satisfied with the indoor Voice quality, reliability & coverage.
- Wifi Calling offers better indoor coverage.
- Smartphone users send texts and make voice call indoor as twice than outdoor.
- Make benefit from VoLTE/IMS enriched services.
- Place calls from all device even non-SIM based.
- Use native clients with seamless experience compared to OTT Apps.
- Consumer can use Wifi-Calling while traveling with cheaper rates.
- MNO may offer cheaper for calls placed over consumer home wifi.
Benefits for Operators
- Better Coverage.
- Enriched services.
- Better indoor coverage
- Capacity offloading.
- Make use of IMS based services over wifi.
- Complementary service for VoLTE
New revenue Streams
- Roaming service over un-trusted Wifi
- Competing with OTTs through standard native services.
- Technology leadership
- Cost effective solution compared to small cells.